Hi all! We are Don and Susan Welch. In 10 days we close on the Potter cabin, one of the last cabins up the hill past the yellow gate - don't know how else to describe it. We are excited about spending our summers there, hopefully from mid May to end of September/October sometime. We are retired three years and spend most of our time backpacking and hiking, a lot of that in Colorado, Wyoming and New Mexico the last couple of years. We have completed a section hike of the Arizona Trail (we live in north central AZ) and have currently finished nearly 200 miles of the Colorado trail. Looking forward to completing the CT this next summer or the next depending what "life" holds.
So, we hope to come over for the closing week after next and are wondering about access to Jasper, more importantly if we can get up to the cabin. How much snow is on the ground right now? (the weather report looks favorable for no real accumulation in the next couple of weeks or so) Our understanding is the main road gets plowed occasionally so not too worried about getting to Jasper. However we are really curious if we can drive up to the cabin in a 4x4 pickup. We can chain the front end if needed. We had heard that the Caretaker could possibly plow the road up to the cabin with enough notice - and if the snow isn't too high already....that might be a rumor??
Thank you in advance and we look forward to meeting our new summer neighbors!